"It's never to late to be what you might have been"

September 7, 2010

Time

Time is confining
It is a thief
and a liar
It says it does things it doesn't do
I needed it to be on my side
But it wasn't
in an instant
it stopped
Or maybe paused long enough
To give me time to internalize
The incident I long to forget
I call it an incident
Because if I call it what it is
I might dwell on it
And I don't have time for that
Because time doesn't heal all wounds
And I don't have time to waste  

I may be wrong but I don't believe that time heals all wounds. It's a cliche', but at the same time, I feel that it does ease the scarring and lessen the pain if you let it. In order to do that, you have to make a conscious choice to move on in a positive way rather than continue to dwell on what's bothering you and / or on whomever / whatever hurt you. If you don't, the very thing / situation you desperately want / need to get over will control you and your actions and you don't have time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment