"It's never to late to be what you might have been"

September 23, 2010

Think Before You Speak

Today when I spoke to some people I work with, we exchanged formalities and said how we were.My response was, "I can't complain, no one cares anyway." Although I said it jokingly, I had to instantly correct myself because there was no truth to that statement. No sooner than I said it, I knew I was out of line. I can honestly say that I'm truly blessed and have a lot of people in my life that care and I will be forever grateful for them. It was a prime example of think before you speak because even what you say in jest, can be taken seriously, misunderstood, turned around, and possibly used against you. In this case, we laughed it off together and I corrected myself to them but, the comment I made, stayed with me. That's why I'm blogging about it. Knowing that I have a lot of people in my life that care and that the presence of God and his goodness and grace surrounds me and keeps me mindful of what is right and wrong, made me think twice about what I had said. I must say, I'm grateful for that too because it makes me aware of what speaking before I think can lead to.

1 comment:

  1. I could use this advice, but it's so hard to think before you speak. It just happens....

    ReplyDelete