"It's never to late to be what you might have been"

May 2, 2011

Putting Things Off

This is a fitting post because once again , I'm guilty of putting something off. In this case, it was yesterday's post. I am definitely a work in progress. It is my hope that posting about this shortcoming of mine will help me with my follow through and if you happen to have the same problem, hopefully it will help you too; so, here it goes.
As life goes on, we take breaks, put things off, make excuses, procrastinate because we would rather be doing something else or just get comfortable where we are although we know there's things we need to do and / or should do. Our coulda, woulda, shouldas become our what ifs and we are left wanting more / needing more while finding ways to justify obtaining neither. If we took the energy we use to make excuses and cop out to take that first step and follow through on making necessary / wanted / desired changes, we'd see that we have what it takes to do whatever we put our mind to. For me, today (which was supposed to be yesterday) is the day I take my own advice. I must say so far, so good. I've accomplished a few things and am looking forward to all that is yet to come. If you to have something you want / need to do / finish, and / or change, join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment