"It's never to late to be what you might have been"

September 24, 2010

Homecoming

People that really know me,know that I really don't care for the game but, I love the players. I was and always will be Kam's number one fan and he could count on me encouraging him and cheering him on even though I couldn't tell you the position he played and covered my eyes through most of the plays I didn't miss a game. Through it all, I've cheered for both teams because I feel it takes a lot to be out there and be a part of something and most importantly, if they're out there, there grades are good.The coaches knew where I stood and that they had my support. So through the years, the coaches have become more than coaches to me. They took a wonderful freshman (as they do many) and turned him into a wonderful young man. I've come to know a lot of the players and quite a few of my babies still play so tonight, I'll be the one clappin and cheerin with my eyes partially closed and a heavy happy heart because the boys of fall will be doin what they do best, gettin it done and having a good time and I'll be rememberin a precious young man that forever changed my life and the best part of it all is I'll be with family,friends, and some of my babies and I'll get to see people I haven't seen in a while. What's even better is it's homecoming tonight. Excitement will definitely be in the air!   

No comments:

Post a Comment