"It's never to late to be what you might have been"

September 1, 2010

Lesson Learned

Some of us don't have this problem and that's a good thing but for those of us that do, myself included, my advice is take a picture and when you do, don't automatically delete it or crop it because of some perceived flaw. So often, we stand in the background or volunteer to take the picture when we should be embracing who we are, what we're doing and who we're with. I can honestly say I've taken more pictures this year and saved them and posted them without dreading the added pounds, messed up hair or whatever detail got to me before because when it mattered most, I found that I wasn't in a lot of the pictures we had taken over the years. Pictures that I wished I was in, pictures I could hang on the wall, share with others or post somewhere, pictures that would help me relive precious memories didn't include me because I was to busy deleting and cropping them through the years. Although I'm not completely reformed, (I still delete and crop a few of the pictures I take), but now, I take the time to really look at them and focus more on what we're doing and who I'm with and I pick the best one rather than get rid of them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment