"It's never to late to be what you might have been"

September 10, 2010

Dilemma

Today, a friend of mine stopped me in the hall. She wanted to share something with me but, she didn't want to hurt me or bring up memories of what I had been through. However, the weight of what was on her mind and heart was something she needed to share so God allowed our paths to cross and I'm glad they did. When we're going through something, we don't want to burden anyone so for the most part, we keep it to ourselves. Fortunately, we are blessed with friends that are willing to be there for us, comfort us, listen to us and help us through whatever we're facing. I'm glad that she cared enough to put my feelings first but, grateful that in an instant our friendship proved to be strong enough to withstand what she was holding back. As a result, her prayer chain grew and we found that in times of need the only thing that matters is being there for one another.

2 comments:

  1. I believe it is your caring nature and your natural instinct to make sure others are taken care of...your smile is infectious-like someone else we know and your heart is there to listen. Those that cross your path are blessed. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe there is too much self-sensorship in the world. Being kind and loving towards others first and foremost, can provide its own self-check in how something is shared.

    Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete