"It's never to late to be what you might have been"

September 4, 2010

Today

Today I got in contact with a friend / co-worker, via Facebook. With all the cut backs and layoffs that are going on she happened to be affected by them, as did I so we haven't seen each other since June but, she had been on my mind. I didn't want to seem nosey or be in her business so, I said nothing, although I thought about her often and asked another co-worker how she was. What I found, was she was thinking of me just as I was thinking of her and felt the same way as I did but, we had no way of knowing that because neither of us spoke up . Our posts that followed, led to my blog post today. There are times that we think of someone / see someone that we want to check on / say something to but , we think we're out of line and we say nothing because we don't want to over step our boundaries. In being overly cautious of our communication etiquette, we fail to acknowledge them and let them know we're thinking about them. Never taking the time to realize that what we say can possibly make a difference in how they're feeling, how their day is going and / or their outlook. At the very least, it will let them know that someone cares how they are doing / feeling and that in itself makes saying something worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment