"It's never to late to be what you might have been"

October 30, 2013

Their Smiles

As I sit here missing her, missing him, missing them. I'm reminded of this more than ever. Being their mother is definitely a treat. 

One thing I could always count on, on any given day was Kam and Brit’s smile. No matter what we were going through / doing, we had a reason to smile. I remember not being able to look them in the eye when I was disciplining them because their smile would get the best of me and my heart would melt. Times like that, reminded me why I always told them don’t let anything take your joy. Countless situations have shown me / taught me that when all else fails or simply just because, smile; because your smile can possibly spare you the wrath of your mom as well as open doors and hearts. These days, Kam’s smile resides in my memories and Brit’s shines as bright as ever and yes, there are still times that I don’t look her in the eye but I do and always will, love their smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment