"It's never to late to be what you might have been"

November 30, 2010

Forgiveness

With November coming to a close, all I can think is where did this year go? All to soon, December is going to come to an end and the new year will be here. I'm not sure what it will bring but I do know what I don't want to take into it. Past transgressions and the hang ups of being / feeling wronged require and take too much energy and time. Energy and time, that I for one don't have to waste on something that has already happened or someone that evidently didn't have a righteous place in my life anyway (yes, I believe that God weeds our garden) and that he reveals what we won't allow ourselves to see. Because of my beliefs,I wrote Betrayal yesterday and choose these quotes today. I truly believe that vengeance and payback aren't mine. I also believe God's word and it says; "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."
Romans 12:19-21
 

“When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.” ~ Catherine Ponder


To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.  ~ Lewis B. Smedes, "Forgiveness - The Power to Change the Past," Christianity Today, 7 January 1983

Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future. ~ Paul Boese



Forgiveness is the sweetest revenge. ~ Isaac Friedmann



Without forgiveness life is governed by... an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation. ~ Roberto Assagioli

No comments:

Post a Comment