"It's never to late to be what you might have been"

October 3, 2010

When It Rains It Pours

They say when it rains it pours. I actually pride myself in being a pretty optimistic person and generally try to find a positive in everything I face / go through but I still believe that there's a lot of truth to that statement. I've heard it used often so, it's one of those things quite a few people believe. Fortunately for me, I also believe that this to shall pass is a true statement too. So, instead of thinking why me, I start praying. I do get overwhelmed and emotional but once I come to my senses, I remind myself that worrying and stressing isn't going to change a thing. I just have to take the steps I can to get through what I'm facing while trusting that everything will work out. Sometimes, that's easier said than done but before I get caught up in woe is me, something happens, I might read something or someone says / does something and I'm reminded that things could be worse. That's when I count my blessings because those reminders express another truth. God is sheltering me from the storm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment