"It's never to late to be what you might have been"

February 18, 2011

My Break

I drifted into my comfort zone and took a break from blogging among other things. In all actuality, I took a break from myself/my life. I needed to clear my thoughts and make peace with a few things/situations. I found it easier to find ways to tune them out rather than deal with them. For a while it worked but when reality kicked in, I was missing my friends, loved ones. I ended up getting sick and the ailments lasted longer than usual. I can't say for sure that one had anything to do with the other but I do know that now that I'm up and about and coping/dealing with things, I'm feeling a lot better.My comfort zone became my escape.I did the must dos without hesitation but the extras were put off.Once my comfort zone wasn't so comforting,I knew I had to suck it up. I was selectively living and only had myself to blame. There are so many things that we can't change in life. That's why when it comes to those we can, we should be active participants in our lives and the lives of others.When we choose to reside in our comfort zone, we miss out on so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment