"It's never to late to be what you might have been"

January 13, 2014

Something I Believe

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of what they have."

       Tough times are knocking at my door. Trying to make ends meet is a struggle but I'm holding on. I'm grateful for my family, my friends, the struggles I've seen and overcome, the life lessons I've learned and the ability to strive for better times all while knowing I'm not going through this alone. What I hold onto is the belief that a change is going to come and the knowledge that it could be worse. Lucky for me, my mom taught me about family, faith, the power of prayer and endurance.
      Thinking about where I am takes me back to when I first became a mother. I didn't have much money and material things were scarce. What I did have was all that my mom taught me and the appreciation of what matters most. At the time, that was a heart full of love for my son and the desire to make the best of what we had and the most of every moment. I can honestly say in my mind, I had more than I deserved. As time passed, I was blessed with a daughter. Through them, I came to know what earthly treasures really were. I remember telling them we had the most valuable thing of all, each other.  Together, we made the most of our days and cherished our moments in time. We wrote letters and notes, spent time together, and we shared our joy and our dreams. We lived, loved, laughed and inspired each other. We had so many just because moments. We made one another better people and we always had a reason to smile...EACH OTHER! Through making the best of what we had we came to find we had more than enough. Those hard times made us resilient and hopeful. Through the years, things got better and sometimes, they got worse but you wouldn't know it because we learned to make the best of it.
     No, love and heartfelt gestures doesn't pay the bills but they do make tough times bearable and easier to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment