"It's never to late to be what you might have been"

December 3, 2010

This Time Of Year

This time of year our children do their best to pacify us a little more than usual. They attempt to be on their best behavior and every now and then, they do their chores without being told over and over again. However, in my house no matter the day or the season, one thing hardly ever changed; their room.

Their Room
scattered remnants decorate their floor
while the scent of yesterday drifts through the air
there was a time that we cleaned together
and
everything had a place
now
life has brought collections of possessions/memories
theirs clash with mine
I see yesterday
while thinking about today
their things are strewn everywhere
I close the door
only to open it
when I realize
all to soon
everything will have a place again

When I wrote this, I remember looking at my kids and thinking how much they had grown, how much they had changed and wishing I could turn back the hands of time while realizing my babies would soon leave home and start life on their own. My son has since went to heaven and I still have a little more time before Brit moves on to the next stop in her life :)!!! but, I can go into their room and see / feel the love that resides there, the memories that were made there and hear the laughter that echoed throughout the house and turned to giggles when I told them to "keep it down in there." It was their place, they had each other and not even the threat of Santa leaving them coal mattered when it came to their room and their time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment